May is just around the corner and since it’s Asian Pacific Island heritage month, we thought we’d turn to Pedro Conol, Atlantic Logistics’ Pricing Director, for some culinary goodness we can enjoy throughout next month. Pedro said he developed this recipe for a truly noble cause – satisfying his wife’s hunger. Definite hero material.
“Being from Hawaii, we love fresh seafood,” Pedro said, “but we love Italian food as well! This was a perfect combo; those royal reds are nice and sweet!”
1-2 lbs. fresh Royal Red shrimp from Shrimp To Shore
1 stick of unsalted butter (equals ½ cup)
4-5 cloves of garlic, minced
3/4-1 cup white wine
Fresh chopped parsley
Italian hard cheese, such as parmesan, or whichever you prefer for garnish.
1-1 ½ lbs. pasta (1-1 ½ box)
1. Cook the pasta, strain and set aside.
2. Sauté the garlic in butter on medium-low heat
3. Add wine, raise heat to medium and simmer until liquid is reduced to almost half.
4. Add shrimp, toss and add salt and pepper to taste. Cook until shrimp are bright red on both sides.
5. Remove from heat. Separate the shrimp from the sauce and set them aside.
6. Gradually toss the pasta into the scampi sauce. Don’t add too much. There needs to be enough sauce to coat the pasta thoroughly.
7. Place shrimp onto pasta.
8. Sprinkle lemon juice and chopped parsley over the dish.
9. Top with shredded cheese, if desired.
10. Serve warm and ENJOY!